Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Change in Plans?

So, we're back to the drawing board with choosing a midwife. The midwife I spoke to last week was very nice and open, but I can't shake the feeling that she was less-than-enthusiastic about a HBAC. I only want to set foot in that hospital if I absolutely have to for a medical reason.

I called the last 3 midwives on my list this morning and am still waiting to hear back from 2 of them. One, with whom I'll meet next week, listened to the brief synopsis of my first birth and responded, "Oh, then you'll be just like someone with a first vaginal birth!"

To sum up: I was induced at 37 weeks and 4 days for PIH - pregnancy induced hypertension - the induction failed. I never went into labour and was sectioned because they kept hyping on about how the baby was "so big" (my son was 9 lbs. 8 oz when he was born).

In other news, the nausea arrived right on time. I thought I remembered it starting at 6 weeks with my son and I'm six weeks today with this pregnancy. It's annoying, yet comforting - I wasn't really having any other pregnancy "symptoms" (didn't have any last time, either). I'm off to choke down my salmon salad in my constant quest for protein.

No comments: